All hounds must be qualified to enter AKC Lure Coursing Trials as stated under Chapter 1, Section 3 of the Regulations for Lure Coursing Tests and Trials. Any of the following requirements shall qualify a hound to enter the NLCC:
1. All eligible hounds which have earned an AKC Field Championship prior to the closing date for entries.
2. All eligible hounds in the Top 25 hounds of each breed from the preceding calendar year, using The AKC designated system for breed points.
3. All eligible hounds which were awarded a Best in Field at an all breed AKC Lure Coursing Trial in the current year.
4. Best of Breed on each day of the most recent AKC National Lure Coursing Championship.
5. All eligible hounds which were awarded Best in field at an AKC Lure Coursing trial held in conjunction with that breedâ€™s National Specialty.
6. All Open and Veteran hounds must have an accumulation of at least 3 points.